DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The Business Analyst (BA) will be a member of the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) team; a highly-motivated group responsible for partnering with multiple IT and business teams in order to evaluate and understand complex business problems. The BA will be responsible for cultivating strong relationships, understanding the business value of new requests to IT, advising business partners on technical implications and potential solutions, grooming new requests, and supporting senior members of the team in support of partner portfolios. The ideal candidate has a strong background in representing value proposition specific to business goals and process improvement.
Demonstrated Experience in the Following:
• Self-motivating with the ability to work autonomously
• Building strong relationships; excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
• Eliciting and grooming well-defined problem/opportunity statements and business value
• Interfacing with all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to C-suite executives
• Improving existing processes and acting as a champion for change
• Navigating a large IT department with several technologies
A successful Business Analyst on the BRM Team will have the following:
• BA/BS in a business or a technical discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science, finance, accounting) and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in working with Executives in relation to IT projects
• Experience analyzing complex business problems
• Understanding of IT Portfolio Management and judging project criteria on ROI, strategic alignment, maintenance savings, suitability of resulting solution, relative value
• Desire to learn and continue to develop professional talents and skills that will enhance the relationships with our partners