DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
DISH Media Sales, the advertising sales division of DISH Network, provides smart, cost-effective media solutions that complement those of traditional national cable. Headquartered in New York, DISH Media Sales is part of the DISH Network family committed to offering the highest-quality entertainment and most advanced technology all at an unbeatable value.
The Sales Planner will be primarily responsible for the overall support to DMS Addressable Sales, including National Addressable, Programmatic Addressable, Inventory, Data & Analytics with roles including, but not limited to, creating and revising media plans for clients, executing and maintenance of ordered deals, and acting as a facilitator of the sales process by providing deeper insight into our data and campaign measurement processes.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
• Responsible for planning needs of multiple Account Executives as well as serve as a back-up for Account Executive & Sales Planners who are on vacation, out of the office or otherwise absent.
• Work closely with Sales and Data & Analytics to create and develop campaign measurement reports that provide maximum insights while meeting both internal and external requirements.
• Act as point person for Programmatic Addressable Sales and related procedures to help streamline efficiencies with National Addressable Sales team.
• Collaborate with assistants and ASRs to manage all points of Addressable campaigns and work closely with agency and clients on day to day maintenance of deals and provide excellent customer service.
• Maintain post campaign measurement reports, such as a Conversion Analysis, and manage timely delivery to agency and clients, on behalf of Account Executives and Management.
• Handle various miscellaneous duties as assigned such as client pitches, research projects, and data & analytical Addressable processes.
A successful Sales Planner will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and four plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years of Advertising Sales or media buying experience required.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Proficient in excel or data/analytical related programs.
• Strong Media Math knowledge.
• Must possess the ability to articulate needs and provide direction in a clear and concise manner.
• Must be able to take ownership of a project from start to finish under direction, as needed.