DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Responsibilites and job duties fall into the following categories:
• Work with Team Members, IT Support, Program Management, Traffic, Echostar, and other partners in the implementation of addressable advertising projects/programs and their ongoing support.
• Monitor performance of the Addressable Advertising system. Use SQL and Tableau to drive insight and understanding of addressable advertising system performance.
• Create performance metrics to determine acceptable levels of quality, current performance, or improvement opportunities;
• Make recommendations on operational and troubleshooting procedures to keep the addressable advertising system running smoothly.
• Test ad sales system upgrades and new technologies. Implement improvements and measure the success of system changes.
• Provide support to the Addressable System Administrator and Data Base Administrator, as well as Echostar Systems and Set Top Box teams.
• Establish work and career goals, measure goal achievement, furnish regular feedback, establish training opportunities, and schedule team building activities for direct reports.
A successful Manager, Addressable Operations will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree and three or more years of realted experience; or three to five years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Understand data driven systems and their integration.
• Comprehend desired technical requirements and ad sales infrastructure.
• Process improvement experience desired.
• Experience in an ad sales organization a plus.
• Ability to determine areas that need improvement and implement a plan of action.
• Must be comfortable with aggressive schedules, as well as setting direction and priorities.
• TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Expertise in SQL and Tableau
• Familiarity with web services/XML
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position works in/near normal office environment.