DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The Sling Self-Help team is working to become an industry-leader in customer care. By coupling customer data with innovative digital service options, we strive to increase customer satisfaction while developing new methods for customers to help themselves. The Video Production and Content Specialist will be responsible for providing video and animated solutions for customers to be showcased on our online Help Center, social media accounts, and YouTube channel. As an integral part of the team, you will help shape the creative direction of our video content from concept to execution and be responsible for developing informative and innovative video content.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce and maintain video content, that customers can use to self-serve, through all phases of the production cycle:
o Pre-production: planning, shoots, sourcing content, etc.
o Production: filming, screen capture, etc.
o Post-production: editing, motion graphics, etc.
• Translate common customer-reported issues into videos that help people resolve issues and better understand key features
• Edit and optimize video content for clarity and accuracy, ensuring that everything we create is of the highest possible standards
• Define, develop and manage relevant metrics and dashboards to track and improve performance
• Use business intelligence to recommend, initiate, and manage projects that will help improve business processes and customer experience
• Build close relationships with leadership and teams across the organization to ensure your work is aligned with all business activities
A successful candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of video production experience OR 5+ years of video production experience
• Ability to take technical content and make it easy for non-technical audiences to understand
• Thorough knowledge of entire production lifecycle, including pre-production, audio and video recording, lighting, studio environments, editing, and content delivery
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
• An eye for detail, a strong sense of storytelling, and experience in the production of instructional content
• Excellent communicator and ability to explain the reasoning behind your ideas and creative decisions, and respond to feedback quickly and effectively
• Exceptional ability to collaborate with and influence both senior and junior colleagues to deliver goals
• Understanding of Sling product and support options available to our users
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Premier, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Must submit a demo reel that clearly demonstrates visual work