DISH is an innovative industry leader distinguished by its pioneering spirit. Ever since our establishment in 1980, we’ve been the ideal workplace for people with adventurous spirit and creativity, smart risk takers and aggressive winners - all those for whom the status quo just isn’t enough. Our Fortune 200 Company continues to define the curve in television entertainment. We are always improving and extending our products and delivering greater value to people, including our workforce of 20,000 plus. Come explore the big picture with us!
Intelligence. Creativity. Innovation. These are the things you’ll find at DISH, the pioneer in television entertainment. We offer flexible career paths for dynamic, talented individuals who are ready to be rewarded and recognized. It’s our way of giving back to exceptional people who have kept us at the forefront of our industry.
DISH is looking for a Web Developer to join our Sales Training and Support department in overseeing the maintenance and ongoing improvement of our various learning platforms including Jive Software and our Learning Management System. The team is looking for someone who is highly self-motivated and focused on providing an excellent user experience across multiple platforms. An attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, critical thinking, creative problem solving, flexibility and strict adherence to deadlines are keys to success in this role. The ideal candidate will have experience with front-end languages, excellent problem-solving skills and be able to write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
Primary Responsibilities include:
A successful Developer will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent from an accredited college or university
• Solid understanding of the following technologies:
o NodeJS (Express)
o General database knowledge (MongoDB, SQL, etc.)
o REST services
o Task managers such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal, listening, and written communication
• Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong team member
• Ability to use a variety of techniques to solve problems and provide unique design solutions
• Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to changes
• Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines