DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH
The Senior Leader of Cybersecurity will work closely with all facets of cybersecurity across all of IT operations and the business. This leader will represent Information Security internally and externally, and will have a broad cybersecurity background, acting as a trusted advisor to the CISO.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identifies and addresses areas needing process improvement, including security event management, threat hunting, and third party risk management
• Collaborates across the organization to define patterns that help mitigate cybersecurity risks within the on premises and cloud environments
• Thinks and acts strategically, staying abreast of trends and advances in IT/security solutions and monitors changes in the operating environment that affect information security
• Provides thought leadership using business communications, active collaboration, and leading cross-functional groups to deliver security goals
• Proactively mentors the security team members and advises the CISO on key issues
• Takes ownership of key initiatives, coordinating strategies with other members of IT and cybersecurity to execute
• Presents business updates, recommendations, strategic opportunities and assessments to leadership and senior management as needed
• Develops, maintains, and communicates the cybersecurity strategy in partnership with senior IT and Business leadership
• Develops relationships with business leaders, striving for ways to enable business initiatives while preserving cybersecurity principles
• Provides advice and leadership on a broad range of security items and strategies
• Contributes to cybersecurity architectural standards definition which articulate security principles and technology standards that guide the design and engineering of new initiatives
A Successful Senior Leader of Cybersecurity will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• Experience managing and developing teams
• At least 10 years cybersecurity leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience in the following areas: security governance, security architecture, threat and vulnerability management, risk management, application security, data protection, processes creation/redesign
• Demonstrated ability to build and execute complex security plans
• Experience working with compliance and regulatory requirements
• Leadership characteristics as shown by a history of inspiring and motivating people to a common purpose at all levels within a company
• Demonstrated ability to gain immediate credibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and develop lasting, productive and collaborative relationships
• Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences