DISH Wireless is seeking a Transport Sourcing Manager with robust technical skills, strong people and vendor management abilities, to help build our 5G network.
The Transport Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing complete technical sourcing oversight and project management for DISH’s long haul and metro fiber optic /microwave transport network to meet network services capacity, vulnerability, diversity and growth requirements within a given market and/or region. These projects focus on the creation and expansion of the ethernet backhaul, fronthaul, and microwave network, for both lit and dark services. This position will be responsible for driving large scale infrastructure programs, standards and best practices; and delivering a high performance network infrastructure.
Additionally this person will manage and understand the Transport MSA and SLA contracts, for both lit and dark fiber as well as microwave, and work in conjunction with the engineering groups to understand and apply the technical specifications as required. This role reports to the Transport Manager, and may require some travel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight for initiation and implementation of all transport related network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints. This includes all microwave, backhaul, and fronthaul needs.
- Work with Network Planning & Engineering teams on direction for upcoming transport design programs.
- Review carrier RFP responses for suitability with our overall network strategy and transport design.
- Responsible for delivering network projects true to plan of record (POR), such as cell build program, frequency carrier add growth, hardware conversions, Fiber to Cell initiatives, E911, and IP-based technologies.
- Utilize knowledge and experience, serving as subject matter expert for internal fiber contract negotiation, including submitting and managing exception requests and consumption orders.
- Determine the capital resources, equipment, and tools needed to complete each project.
- Management oversight of strategic vendor partnerships that provide network construction, operational, and maintenance support.
- Manage Purchase Order process for project needs, requesting PO’s, receiving PO’s, and managing OCNR.
- Overall management of several concurrent projects and network-related transport initiatives that are high profile, technically complex and unique in nature.
- Develop written project plans, including master schedule and manage status updates. Utilize and maintain all company mandated information systems.
- Produce and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual program reporting based on defined work product by department.
- Track network projects as it pertains to the transport team such as path diversification, cost reduction Initiatives, cell availability evaluations, equipment decommissioning, facility migration, etc..
- Effectively communicate project plans with all project team members, users, and other parties involved in the programs.
- Communicate needs, goals, and milestones to appropriate project team members and executives.
- Communicate status and issues at various levels of the transport team in a clear and concise manner. Ensure that issues are properly documented and maintained.
- Drive program issues through to resolution. Drive process improvement.
- Collaborate with PMO and executive teams to review program quality and metrics.
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity.